You’ve subscribed to Epidemic Sound and you’re ready to start soundtracking your content – but how do you maximize the value of your subscription? In this blog post, we’ll help you get the most bang for the buck from your Epidemic Sound subscription.
Your subscription checklist
It’s easy and worthwhile to keep tabs on your Epidemic Sound subscription. When logged in, click ‘Me’ in the top right corner and then ‘Account’, and you’ll land on your ‘Profile’ page. There, you’ll be able to adjust the following settings.
- Edit subscription: Change billing cycle or cancel your subscription.
- See if you have any discounts applied to your subscription.
- Add the channels and accounts on which you want to upload content featuring Epidemic Sound music.
- We will clear those channels and accounts, so you don’t receive copyright claims for using our music in your content.
- If you want to clear two or more channels on the same platform, you have to sign up for another subscription and add the channel to that subscription. This is done by clicking the “Add new subscription” at the bottom of the same page.
- Change your payment method.
- Download receipts for when you’ve been charged for your subscription.
- Change your password
- Edit your personal and/or company information
- Change email address and password
- If you've purchased single track licenses, this is where you’ll find the license document and receipt for that single track purchase.
- In each single track license, you can add the URLs on which you publish content featuring that track to clear and protect it from copyright claims on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and other platforms.
- If you're on a Commercial Plan and produce content using Epidemic Sound music for clients to publish on their channels and platform accounts, you can clear it for them. This ensures your client doesn’t get hit with copyright claims for publishing content with Epidemic Sound music in it without a license. Just paste the link of the video and click ‘Add URL.’
- Change the format with which you download music from Epidemic Sound. Choose between .wav or .mp3.
Why is this important?
A good rule of thumb is to keep your information up to date, making sure you’ve connected your social accounts and that you’re clearing client productions. That way you'll avoid copyright strikes, get the right music recommendations, build a solid reputation as a freelancer, and ensure you're receiving the right communication from us.
We hope this article was helpful. If it wasn’t at this very moment, it might be in a few weeks or a year. In the meantime, why not check out some royalty free music from the Epidemic Sound library.